Ten Things You Will Never Find in a Weight Loss Brochure
It seems that everyone who comes in for weight loss thinks losing weight will make their whole life perfect. It helps some things but for the most part its just a small piece of a big pie and there are a few things about losing weight most people don’t know.
- Losing weight is one of the hardest yet most rewarding things you will ever do for yourself. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something.
- After you lose over 40 pounds, you will probably have to buy clothes from the skin out (meaning you will have to replace underwear and bra’s too) and that will cost more than you think, so start saving now.
- There are people in your life, some very close to you, who will not want you to succeed and may even try to interfere, and this can be very upsetting.
- When you lose a lot of weight, your whole life changes, not just your dress size, and some of the people currently in your life may fall away, but that will be OK.
- To lose weight you may have to face what you most fear: dating and being the center of attention. Being looked at in a sexual way can be very uncomfortable if you have spent a long time feeling like “the fat person,” which can make you feel almost invisible.
- Your body may be thin, but that doesn’t mean your mind will think like a thin person until you make that shift on the inside.
- People will treat you differently once you are thinner. Sometimes that will be good, and other times that will take some getting used to.
- When you are fat, you think to yourself, “If I were only thin, I would be happy.” Unfortunately being thin does not automatically make you happy; you still have to find happiness within yourself.
- There is nothing you will gain as a thin person that you couldn’t have had as a fat person, and when you really see that, you might feel mad at yourself for letting that weight hold you back from having the things you wanted a long time ago.
- Just as eating donuts does not make you gain weight overnight, the positive changes you make won’t cause you to lose it overnight either. Losing weight takes time and effort. Give yourself the time it takes to create lasting success.
Jill Thomas CCHT
Soul Connect Hypnotherapy